Hello Jerusalem!

Hello Jerusalem!
This is the view from our patio!

Friday, January 7, 2011

Luggage mishap

Hey guys! Sorry it's been so long...kind of. ha ha

So that last time I wrote was in the Austrian airport. Wow. That seems like years ago. It's amazing how weird this week has been. Those few days of traveling were kind of crazy. The flight from Vienna to Tel Aviv was a blur. I was so tired after basically not sleeping during that blasted flight across the ocean! I fell asleep pretty quickly, and woke up when they passed out lunch. I wasn't very hungry though and I fell asleep pretty quickly after I ate. I was so out of it that the flight attendant picked up my lunch off my tray and I didn't even notice! Waking up was hard though because it was so bright outside. I really wanted to be awake when we flew into Tel Aviv though, so I pried my eyes opened and looked out my window during our descent. It was such a beautiful site! We came in across the Mediterranean Sea and it was beautiful! Tel Aviv has a lot more skyscrapers than I thought it would. Anyway, we got into the airport and made it through the passport gates. That part was kind of scary. I was worried that I would get asked a ton of questions and not know how to answer them. But fortunately I went after some other BYU students went, so they lady knew what I was doing.
When we got to baggage claim, I picked up my big suitcase, but my carry-on was no where to be found! AAAAAH! A few of us had checked our carry-on suitcases at the Denver airport for convenience and to create extra room for the flight and they told us our suitcases would be in Tel Aviv BUT THEY WEREN'T THERE. We were all freaking out. Fortunately though, none of us who had checked our suitcases received them so they weren't just randomly lost, but were probably just not there yet. A few people hadn't received their big suitcases with their clothes/bathroom supplies/etc. and I felt pretty bad for them. But don't worry - we received our luggage last night and it was glorious!!! I've never been so happy to receive a suitcase before. And everything was there and still accounted for, so that was fantastic.
Anyway, you must all be bored with these entries about my trip to Jerusalem. But, because no one reads a long entry, I'll end this one and start a new one. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment